Monday, December 29, 2008

Why do all men make hair removal jokes about the iMac?

You could put money on it and get a reasonable return; I knew once I had posted on Facebook "Debsylee is so excited to be getting her iMac and Adobe CS4 software; how sad is that??!" that the old hair removal gag would be aired again (well, not that old given that the iMac hasn't been around too long....)

Tom did not disappoint with "I thought it had been rebranded as Veet" scrawled across my wall on Boxing Day night, closely followed with a volley exchange of quick-fire gags which ended with a legend shot from me.

I think I must have offended TomBob with that one because I haven't heard from him since.

Come back Tom; it's usually me who spits her dummy out ;-)

So, Christmas is all but over in the house of Debsy, save for a turkey lunch with all the trimmings at my parents' house today in honour of my boy who returned to the fold on Saturday.

To be fair the festive season has this year been rather entertaining, very philosophical and not quite so laden with food and drink as is the norm. Entertaining in that there were some very interesting (and a few eye-opening) texts from around the globe, philosophical in that I had to prepare for the internal investigation on my recent handling of a certain situation that I knew would start around now, but hey, at least I don't have to go on a diet this year.

My lovely Mum and Auntie spoiled me with some gorgeously fab pressies, and my wonderful Dad rode in on his white charger (metaphorically speaking) and offered to put up the money I needed to buy the new iMac and all-singing Adobe software I have been yearning for with my whole being.

I had actually espied a MacPro recently acquired by a friend of mine at his abode and I am ashamed to say I think I actually dribbled. Further to a rather half-baked pathetic attempt to persuade him to part company and upgrade, I conceded defeat and accepted that his thing of beauty was not destined for my grasp, hence the Christmas Day conversation with my papa. I do, however, think that once the threat of abduction is gone with the purchase of a Debsy iMac, I could nip in there like a ninja and be off with his goods in an instant. Be very careful, my friend; sometimes the girl will stop at nothing to get her hands on Cinema display....that's all I will say.

So that's the hardware and software issues sorted for the next couple of years (one hopes); now I need to work on my ability to bring matters of the heart to a close in an appropriate way as they head towards the final scene.

Sadly I have to admit that when Mr Enough looks at his own image in the mirror and says "yep, that's Enough alright", I turn into the iciest ice queen this side of the ice mountain.

I know my well-informed posse will say it was deserved and appropriate given the circumstances, but I had hoped for better from myself if I'm honest.

Everyone has their own coping mechanisms, I guess; mine is to erase all memory of a person in the hope that tomorrow I'll wake up and it won't even be a memory anymore. It's a bit childish, slightly irrational and a tad unrealistic but you know what they say about animals being at their most dangerous when they're injured. I don't think we have evolved much beyond that, especially women.

Sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all.

However, as this year draws to an end and I realise that it's unlikely I'll pen another posting before we say "bonjour" to 2009, I do need to say a this:

I am ending this year on a high; many of you have helped me, supported me and, most importantly, made me laugh like a drain this year, and for that you have a special place in my heart. I'm very privileged to call you my friends.

I wish you all lots of love, health and prosperity for the New Year that is almost upon us.

Now... go forth, and party like you just don't care ;-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too, gorgeous girleee!

XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, he's been on the phone begging forgiveness?

Nope? Didn't think so.

Don't you dare feel bad about this. I would have published everything I had on him on lockupyourdaughters.com- he's been very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Ooops I hit publish too quickly there (as the steam poured out my ears)
Happy New Year babe!
Love you lots,

x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Blocking out memories (as they do in Men in Black) would certainly make life easier.

But the memories are there so you learn from them. Next time, protect your heart a little more, and never settle for someone who doesn't deserve your love.

Anonymous said...

He had months and months honey, even mother Teresa wouldn't feel sorry for him!

Anonymous said...

No point picking over the bones, but was never going to work was it? He was way too secretive. Your best out of it, chick ;-)
x x x x x

Anonymous said...

You definitely did raise your vibration before Christmas hun; now just keep it up there!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Debsylee x

Anonymous said...

Chalk it down to experience D and move on.
In the meantime, focus all that Debsy energy on the biz.
When you're driving a brand new Aston Martin the blokes'll be queuing up (don't look shocked, you know we are that shallow!)

Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm shocked Debsy, I think you all well rid

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, babe-a-licious!

I'm not saying anything more on "the subject"- I've said it all before.....

Lots of love,

T x

Anonymous said...

How was it hun-bun??

Glad to see you are as wild as ever ;-)

Peeeeteeee xxxxx