Monday, January 5, 2009

That's really bad Tom, isn't it......?

My pal Tom and I go back a very, very, very long way. Not in respect of sharing a bath together at the age of two, but we have shared life experience aplenty, and consequently have discussed the heck out of said experiences (more me talking at him if the truth be told, ladies and gentleman).

We worked together many moons ago and struck up a close bond, based fairly solidly around the fact that to start with, we both liked a smoke and a latte of a morning when we worked in the cut-and-thrust world of corporate sales in London. Actually we liked several smokes and accompanying lattes. That was in the day when you got paid for sitting around and having a good time very occasionally.

So imagine my glee and delight when we agreed that he would come and crash chez Debsy last weekend so that we may hit the town in order for me to consume mucho vino and Tom could perform the role that he performs so ably, that of my confessor. Tom the Confessor to the fallen Debsy. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it, and Tom is a master at it. Of course, I should qualify that by "confessor" I refer to the spiritual type that you divulge your not-so-fabulous admissions to, rather than it be the other way around (as in "confessee", which isn't a word at all, but you get my drift).

It doesn't matter how I dress up any justification to Tom, he always sees straight through it and to it's very core. After my latest admission of rather huge shock and ample accompanying horror, he looked me straight in the eye and said:

"Deb, you crack me up. Whenever you divulge your latest misgiving to me, after giving me the gory detail you look half sideways at me, dip your head and say "that's really bad, Tom.....isn't it?" as you bite your bottom lip"

Spot on. I always do it.Partly because I think that by adopting a little girl stance I may get judged lightly, or hey, let's not beat around the bush here, there could even be a total pardon on the cards if I play it right.

But not with Tom. No way Jose.

He scored me 8.6 out of 10 on the Totally Unacceptable Behaviour chart on Saturday night after hearing my full and detailed evidence.

Bless his heart, he did go on to recall a past misdemeanour of his own that we agreed warranted a 9 out of 10.

I am practically a novice at the side of Tom, it seems.

It also gave me great pleasure in sharing my new found passion for crystal therapy with Tom; something newly discovered in the Rainbow Room in Market Rasen, which is now my favourite hang-out.

When I explained how I needed to place an abundance crystal in my wealth corner and a rose quartz in my relationship corner, he commented "Deb, I know you're really into this but I can't tell you how hard I'm trying not to laugh right now....."

The man will eat his words when I display my newly acquired abundance to him in the coming months....

Newly-acquired with the help of my new love..... a new acquaintance that has actually demonstrated to me that I am sure to fall apart whenever I am in the presence of my love's beauty and greatness.

My new iMac.

Everyone who has seen it has marvelled at it's beauty, poise and gravitas. Thankfully it is easily unplugged so that I can carry it tenderly up the stairs each night to my bedroom where I tuck it under my duvet. I am totally besotted.

And so my friends.....I have to get back to Mac right now, but not before adding this totally fabulous track currently playing at my place of work.

Gotta find way to get into your heart.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top tune, Debsylaaaaaaaa.

Who's heart you trying to get into this time? ;-)

M x

Anonymous said...

I bet I know what your admission of shock and horror was.....fancy blaming the poor puss cat. LOL
Life is no way near as entertaining now you're up there, girlie!
XXX

Anonymous said...

What's all this?? i know nothing of any wrong doings.... Beggar, i've got a meet now but you and I are chatting straight after Debsylaaaa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Debsylee!

I hope 2009 brings you everything you could wish for!

Anonymous said...

What's occurring Deb?

Cee is being a bit tight-lipped on this one...

T x

Anonymous said...

I have a male friend like that, I can tell him anything! I don't think the opposite sex are quite so judgmental as your own sex can be sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Men are never overly judgemental........... Wonder why that might be?? LOL

TomBob said...

You of course receive these consultations for free.... if any of your contacts are interested in my unique style of no-nonsense analysis, the rates are £75/hour plus fresh towels and a bacon sandwich in the morning.

debsylee said...

I seem to recall that you declined the bacon sandwich TomBob, with the ridiculous rationale of avoiding carbs before midday...... just before you slipped out for a smoke ;-)

TomBob said...

.....cheap shot D.....you are now on the standard customer rate from now on ;-)

debsylee said...

Hey, someone has to act as your protector.....or something like that

Anonymous said...

We ALL need to confess from time to time, if you have a confidante to listen then that's great!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' this tune....... ages since I heard it

Happy New Year! x

Anonymous said...

You sound upbeat and chipper! Really pleased to hear it Debsy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Boy,
if you could read my mind I'm sure that you would find
What you've been
searching for, what you've been searching for.

Well cool tune, Debsylee