Sunday, September 28, 2008

Credit Crunch Chaos

Frequently I will read the papers and at some point (sometimes at several points, in truth) I will shake my head in disbelief at what I'm reading. Perhaps a celebrity has just had her eighteenth boob job or a Big Brother housemate has been promised a book deal to write his autobiography when he's evicted...

But this morning there is one story on the front page of the Mail on Sunday that defies belief.

A city banker, aged 47, threw himself in front of a train yesterday at Taplow in Berkshire because of the mounting pressures he was facing due to the credit crunch. He leaves behind a wife and an 8 year old son.

I don't need to write very much on this topic because the facts very clearly speak for themselves.

What sort of world have we crafted? I expect his son will ask the same question one day.

No comments: